Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa, Mauritius
|* Departing from JNB on Air Mauritius including current airport taxes of R3,900|
|Resort / Rooms||Nights||Basis||Price||Valid|
|Standard garden||5||HB||R17,720||01 Nov - 30 Nov '17||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Standard garden||7||HB||R21,410||01 Nov - 30 Nov '17||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Standard garden||7||HB||R24,430||09 Dec - 13 Dec '17||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Standard garden||5||HB||R17,480||29 Jan - 22 Mar '18||Show Description||Enquire Now|
|Standard garden||7||HB||R21,330||29 Jan - 22 Mar '18||Show Description||Enquire Now|
- Rates based on per person sharing
- Return economy class flights from JNB to Mauritius
- Routeing JNB - MRU - JNB
- Current airport taxes of approx R3,900
- Return Island airport/hotel island seat in coach transfers
- Accommodation at the 4* Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
- In a Standard Garden Facing Room
- Breakfast and dinner daily (Half Board), honeymoon package includes lunch (Full Board)
- OR upgrade to the fabulous all-inclusive from R515 per person
- Free Wi-Fi area at all resorts and in all rooms
- Free water ski with instruction, wakeboard, stand up paddling and more.)
- Free selected land sports including gym and pilates classes @ most hotels
Free sauna/hammam @ most hotels
- Evening Entertainment as per Resort
- Land & Watersports as per Resort including water skiing
Mauritius special Honeymoon offer includes
- Honeymoon discount included in rates
- Complimentary honeymoon lunch for the duration of the stay at a designated restaurant
- Honeymoon gifts include
- A bottle sparkling wine
- Fresh fruits in room on arrival
- A T- shirt for the groom and a sarong for the bride
- Discount on spa treatments
Add the All-Inclusive package at Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa from R515 per person per night and look forward to:
- Full American buffet breakfast
- Choice of restaurants for lunch
- Choice of restaurants for dinner
- Unlimited selected house wine and drinks, per selection, during lunch and dinner
- Unlimited selected drinks from the bar list between 09h00 and 23h00, including a selection of local beers, cocktails, house wine, local spirits as well as tea, coffee and soft drinks (drinks in the nightclub are not included)
- Baguettes at the bar between 10h00 and 16h00
- Pancakes between 16h00 and 18h00
- Picnic baskets
- Tea and coffee in rooms
- Mini bar (replenished once a day)
The "Beachcomber All-Inclusive Package" is fully interchangeable between Mauricia Canonnier and Victoria hotels
Clients will be entitled to the "Beachcomber All-Inclusive Package" from the time of arrival until the time of departure, regardless of the official check-in and check-out times.
PLUS! Great savings available exclusively to Beachcomber guests who book an all-inclusive package: Look forward to savings available via the new "Le Passport" mobile app. Save 10-15% at up to 175 shops, restaurants and on leisure activities. Enquire on check-in for more information.
The above price excludes:
- Travel and Medical Insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Visa (not required for SA passport holders)
- Early check-in and late check-out
- Travel Assist fee of R228
The Small Print:
- All rates are per person sharing
- Rates are subject to currency fluctuations which are subject to change without prior notification
- BEACHCOMBER PLUS FACTOR inclusions
30% land discount included in honeymoon packages
10-20% discount on selected excursions
- PERMITTED LUGGAGE FOR TRANSFERS
The transfer cost included in the package allows for one standard size suitcase and one carry-on bag per passenger occupying a seat. Should additional luggage-type articles or sporting equipment need to be transported it is essential that provision is made for these additional pieces of baggage. In certain instances, larger vehicles or private transfers would need to be booked at the applicable supplement.
- AIRFARE CONDITIONS
Airfares & taxes are subject to change within the specified seasons & are carrier specific, which could impact on the rate quoted
This quote is based on an Air Mauritius special and is subject to E class airline availability at time of booking.
Air tickets must be ticketed before the close of business on the same day the PNR is booked. Strict terms and further conditions apply.
- HONEYMOON COUPLES
All honeymoon couples are requested to hand in a copy of their marriage certificate upon check-in.
Honeymoon specials are offered to couples who have been married for twelve months or less at the time of travel.
- Prices are calculated using heavily discounted airfares with limited availability. The actual fare will be established at time of booking dependent on airline/class available
- This estimate is to be used as a guideline only and the actual costs will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- As this is an estimate only, no reservations have been made and all services are subject to availability.
- Prices are calculated based on the actual rate of exchange on the day and are subject to change.
- All services are subject to our standard terms and conditions as well as airline rulings.
- Errors and Omissions excepted
Prices correct as at 20 September 2017
About Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Elegant authenticity among ancient history...
Furnished with warm tones, wood hues the colour of sunset, rustic thatch roofs and lush vegetation surrounding you wherever you are on the gorgeous grounds of this spectacular resort, Canonnier is its own category of paradise.
This hotel is on a prime Grand Bay property, perched on a peninsula with two beaches, each offering a different view. Woven into the legacy of the hotel is a little piece of Mauritius’ rich cultural history, blending old and new in innovative, creative ways: The old lighthouse now serves as a venue for the Mini-Club and the wellness centre has been built in the branches of an ancient Banyan tree.
Canonnier has always remained a favoured family hotel, with endless entertainment for adults and children alike. Its close proximity to Grand Bay gives you the option of retail therapy, while the hotel’s tree-top wellness centre, built in the branches of a centuries-old Banyan tree, has other therapies on offer to ease weary minds and bodies. Canonnier is a vibrant hotel. While it’s the resort of choice for the fun-loving fraternity, it’s been built with sheer relaxation in mind – the perfect balance for the ideal vacation.
Why choose Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa?
- Ocean-front location with two separate beaches, each with a different atmosphere
- Two-room garden-facing apartments with inter-leading rooms
- A choice of three restaurants each with their own unique atmosphere and style of cuisine
- Optional Beachcomber All-Inclusive package covering most meals and drinks interchangeable with Le Mauricia close by
- Five kilometres or 10 minutes from Grand Bay with its lively restaurants and shopping
- Tropical gardens with large swimming pool and a smaller one for kids
- Unique in Mauritius, the Wellness Centre is built into the branches of a banyan tree
- Pirate magic at the mini club, housed in the turret of an ancient fortress
- Beautiful settings for weddings and honeymoons
Updated on 15 April 2017
Amenities & Services
- Airport Shuttle
- Swimming Pool
- Internet Access
- Hair Drier
- Double Bed
- Private Bathroom
- Television with satellite channels
- Mini bar
- Electronic Safe
- Individually controlled air conditioning
- Room Service
- Tea and coffee facilities in room
Elegant simplicity best describes this hotel, which is designed to maximize the unbelievable views outside your window. Strategically designed lighting that coaxes you gently to unwind and relax. These are some of the signature features of Le Canonnier. Every room looks out onto the beauty of Mauritius, with either a sea view or a view of lush tropical gardens. Step inside a cleverly designed mix of island elements and modern style.
Rooms : 284
Standard rooms - sea or garden facing 104
Superior rooms - sea or garden facing 112
Family rooms - sea or garden facing 44
Garden facing Apartments 20
- Terrace or balcony
- Double beds
- Private bathroom with bath, double basin and toilet (standard garden facing rooms have shower, basins and toilet only)
- Television with satellite channels
- Electronic safe
- International direct-dial telephone
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Complimentary tea and coffee facilities
Room service from 7am to 6.30pm
Electricity 220 volt
Check-out 12 noon
Dining & Bars
Sip a sundowner in the intimate lighting and elegant surroundings of one of Le Canonnier’s two signature bars. If you’re well rested enough after a long day on the beach to burn some midnight oil, hit the nightclub after 11pm.
Le Planteur Bar.
Complete with a library, this bar is the perfect spot for a quiet drink before dinner or a delicious cocktail as you come off the beach.
You don’t have to disconnect from the natural beauty around you while you tuck into freshly prepared island cuisine. Taking full advantage of the historical surroundings that define Le Canonnier, this open-plan, airy restaurant is charmingly set in a garden near the pool. An extra special feature of this restaurant is the live cooking demonstrations where you can watch the skilled chefs prepare your meal. Buffet dinners are included for half board guests. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served buffet style.
Intimate romance defines this elegant restaurant, with its panoramic views over the island to the north of Mauritius. Choose from the delectable specialities on the menu for lunch and dinner. Specific courses are at an additional cost whereas dishes with no supplement mentioned are included in the half board or all inclusive package.
Look forward to a warm, quiet atmosphere tucked away amidst palms and twinkling lights. Specialising in Italian cuisine, this restaurant is open six nights a week for dinner. Specific courses are at an additional cost whereas dishes with no supplement mentioned are included in the half board or all inclusive package.
Half board and all-inclusive guests are accommodated on the same conditions when dining a-la-carte whereby a set amount is payable per dish selected from the a-la-carte menu; alternatively a set menu is available at no additional charge.
Dress code - Evening
Fashionably casual. Men are permitted to wear smarter shorts at the restaurants in the evenings.
Entertainment & Sports
Opening hours: 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Mauricia Resort & Spal, another Beachcomber Hotel of the same category nearby, shares its sports centre with Canonnier. An array of sports facilities and activities* are available to all guests throughout their stay.
Boathouse opening hours: 9.30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Looking over a string of secluded bays, Canonnier's waters are ideal for an array of water sports, available to guests of all ages and levels.
Located at the edge of the beach, the boathouse offers kayaking, snorkelling and glass bottom boat trips for those looking for more relaxing activities*. The more adventurous can try water skiing, wind surfing and lasers amongst other sports. For beginners looking to try something new, instructors can initiate them to the water sport of their choice. All activities are supervised.
- Water Skiing
- Scuba Diving
- Glass bottom boats
- Pedal boats
- Stand-Up Paddle
Situated on a historical peninsula, facing the northern islets, Canonnier is set in a beautiful location. With ideal family accommodation, the selection of outdoor activities offers parents and children active holidays and quality time together.
There is something for everyone... tennis, volley ball, and mountain biking are just some of the activities* that guests can choose to make the most of the outdoors. Canonnier also offers a unique and challenging outdoor activity completely free of charge: archery! An area dedicated to archery initiates guests to a sport that was once used for hunting and combat but is now a popular sporting activity. A full range of equipment and targets as well as experienced coaches are available on site to teach guests the main skills of this sport.
- Tennis (3 floodlit courts)
- Table tennis
- Body shape
- Volley ball
- Mountain bikes
- Aqua gym
- Circuit training
- Machine & weight training
- Cardio training
**Available at Mauricia Beachcomber Resort & Spa
*Private classes and certain activities are available with supplement